My online shopping catalogs and meta-data are designed to advertise, sell, distribute, and get your customer’s attention.
THE CHALLENGE: BALI BLEND KOPI is an unknown product outside of Indonesia that is trying to expand its market. The market for the coffee itself is highly saturated and competitive around the globe. In an industry where businesses thrive on popularity and credibility, BALI BLEND KOPI recognized the need for a robust content offering that would educate its target audience on the whereabouts of its operations as well as their unique process used to produce their bean. With concepts in mind, BALI BLEND KOPI came to me to produce content and grow its audience.
I examined product descriptions while seeking opportunities to improve and increase sales. Making all the necessary changes to the products within the E-com store.
I also added new keyphrases and title tags without detracting from their content’s voice or flow. This also added keyphrases to their search box, headline, (H1) header tag, a meta description, titles, and the rest of the invisible metadata (data about data) that will help search engines understand the content within their pages.
While there is no one size fits all formula or template for product descriptions, I tested them out.
But, I was able to identify, define, and get to know the Target Audience.
- Identified key customer persona
- Produced a combination of branded and non-branded content
- Cleaned up their email list
- Developed email templates to share content developed
- I identified the problems the product solves.
- I have shown how this product improves my customer’s lives.
- I have included power words.
- I gave the audience the full story.
- I spoke to my audience as I would my friends.
- I have created an image that clearly displays its key features and benefits.
The buyer persona is not just any person who is shopping for coffee.
Instead, the buyer persona is likely interested in travel and cultural experiences. In this case, the potential buyer would likely be interested in learning about the region and the process in the product description.
Rather than focus on the ingredients of the coffee, like most other product descriptions for coffee, I focussed on the features that would appeal to my buyer persona the most.
- BALI KINTAMANI: Our most popular blend has clarity & complexity; Indonesia’s rich textures are balanced by the classic flavors of Robusta and Arabica.
- CHOOSE YOUR BREW: We expertly roast coffee beans for every taste, from light to dark roasts & single-origin coffees to bold blends, bringing out the full potential of every bean.
- FRESHLY ROASTED WHOLE BEANS: Our airtight ziplock bags keep coffee fresh for 90 days if left unopened. Most bags will show both “roasted on” and “best by” dates. Enjoy all coffee within 2 weeks of opening.
- FOCUSED ON SUSTAINABILITY: We strive to be a leader in sustainability, making sincere and lasting contributions to the environment, our producers, and our community.
- BALI BLEND KOPI: Nearly 10 years ago, we began roasting exemplary coffee. Headquartered in Bali, we’re committed to sourcing, roasting, and serving some of the best coffee in the world.